Tuesday, May 31, 2011

That's what it's all about.

Every once in a while I think about making my blog more specific, ie. baking, money-saving, cloth diapering, cooking/recipes/OAMC, homeschooling, frugal tips, etc.  I have also thought about splitting it up into several blogs.  Why?  Because I know I could make some good money reviewing products with a more specific blog (or get free products in exchange for reviews).

Then I am reminded (because if I have held a coherent thought that long it is most likely daytime and there are children all around) that I have 7 children home all day long because I want them here.  I homeschool them.  I sing to them.  I read to them.  I feed and clothe them, potty-train them, wipe their noses and tushies, kiss boo-boos and train them up in the way they should go.  They are my priority - not a little extra cash.

I started this blog after the birth of our third child, Bun, as a way to keep grandparents and aunties and uncles updated with pictures and the latest goings-on of the residents of Pookieville.

So mostly it is: 

a mish-mash of daily life complete with tried and true recipes from baking to
horrifying potty-training stories,
pictures of kids on birthdays,
when homeschooling makes me want to poke my eye out,
frugal living,
being green,
exciting news like when I was expecting triplets,
to the mundane news like trying to move out of a mold-filled home,
Kiddie Kwips and on and on and on.
It will likely stay this way.

Do you feel like you're spying on my daily life?  You are.  And I'm okay with it.

I like to think that others will learn from my mistakes and have a good laugh at the crazy things my children do.  I also like to think that you can benefit from my experiences-- as I benefit from yours. 

Thanks for being with me for the last 804 posts.  I hope you'll join me for the next 804.  Follow me now and live happily ever after.  *snort*

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

A lot of your posts make me laugh. I enjoy reading your blog! You have a great sense of humor.

I've tried doing more than one blog to have more specific places for certain topics. Turns out that I'm more of a one-blog pony.:-) When I have lots of topics to choose from, there's more hope of me posting regularly. Or I'll just choose to write about cooking since that's my favorite topic anyhow. :-)

Nikki said...

Mary Ann-- Maybe that's why I like you so much. You're a lot like me!