frozen cubed potatoes
I added chopped cauliflower in with the cubed potatoes to give my family a little more vegetables with dinner. If you do this, chop the cauliflower smaller than the potatoes as it takes longer to soften.
Stir the potatoes into the chicken, onion, cheese, seasonings, Greek yogurt (or sour cream), and cream soup mixture that's been warmed on the stove.
Divide into greased pans.
Top with more cheese.
Bake for 30-40 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you have an aluminum pan, you might want to poke your finger in the middle of the casserole to be sure it's heated through.
Feed your hungry tribe!
Cheesy Chicken Potato Casserole
- 2 lbs. frozen cubed hashbrowns
- 1 pint plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (or mushroom or celery)
- 1 small onion finely chopped (or 1/4 cup dried minced onion)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese plus 1/2 cup to sprinkle on top if desired
- 1 can 12.5 ounce chicken including the water/broth
- 2 cloves of minced garlic or 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. celery seed
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9x13 pan.
In a 3 qt. saucepan on medium heat, warm together everything EXCEPT the cheese and potatoes. Combine sauce mixture with potatoes and cheese. Pour into 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with additional 1/2 cup cheese if desired.
Bake for 30-40 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
This makes one 9x13 pan. If you have a mega-sized family like us, you might want to double the recipe and make 2 9x13 pans. Even if you don't have a large family, it's always nice to have easy yummy leftovers.