Friday, April 12, 2019

Pizzas, Planets, and Learning

 We're focusing on 13 and 15 today in homeschool with Biscuit.  Biscuit regular switches these two numbers when counting.  I'm not sure if it's because she can't pronounce 13 very clearly.  

So I set out to make sure she understood how much each was-- even if she can't say thirteen clearly.

 

First I ordered one 15 button pepperoni pizza.


Then I ordered a 13 button pepperoni pizza.  
(She decided it needed extra sauce.  😬)

Then she was showing signs of hangriness.


So we made Planet 15 and found 15 aliens to live on it.

 
And then she promptly abducted them.  

There were many giggles during math this morning.  This girl finds much joy in hands-on and sensory learning.  I find much joy in her finding much joy in learning.  

No comments: