Monday, March 14, 2011

Having a Hammy is a one in a million chance.

I am a lucky woman.  I have been thinking about what a blessing it is to have this sometimes crazy Gremlin little guy in my life.

Almost four is a really fun age.  Kids this age say and do the funniest things.  I haven't checked, but I'd make a guess that most of the Kiddie Kwips are of the kids between the ages of 3 and 5.

Hammy attempted to drag me out of my office/school chair, 
"Mommy, mommy!  Come see, I cleaned my room!"  

"Really?  You picked up everything and made your bed?"  I inquired.

"I cleaned the WHOLE room!" he beamed proudly.



A sight like this just warms my heart.  

After sending Hammy back to bed one night, we were surprised when he didn't try a half dozen more times to stay up with Mommy and Daddy.  Then Danny found him cuddled up to Gabbers and quickly returned with the camera to capture the moment.  update:  Okay what??  I just clicked on this picture to look at it up close and realized he has my spa-socks on his arms that Danny gave me for Christmas.  lol

A few memories:
Hammy was the ultimate Mother's Day gift. 

We thought the contractions had calmed down and weren't changing the cervix.  The doctor was planning to send me home on bedrest .

But Hammy had different plans and arrived early on Mother's Day morning.

Hammy weighed 6 lbs. 12 oz. at 34 1/2 weeks gestation.

He came so fast there was no time for an epidural.

At only four weeks old he experienced his first roadtrip with his three older siblings and Momma from North Dakota all the way to Utah for a special occasion.

Everywhere we went people would say, "Wow!  That baby has the biggest eyes I've ever seen!"

Hammy started reading at the age of 22 months.  We were surprised to discover this during Sacrament meeting one Sunday.  We thought, because he didn't say many words, that he was delayed.  Boy were we wrong!
Even though Hammy is smack dab in the middle of 7, he is never forgotten.  This boy makes his presence known.  He is also quick to remind us that he's a really good helper and a big kid too!
It's time to plan another friend birthday party.  Every four years the children get to celebrate their birthday by having a themed party with friends.

Hammy will be four in two months and will get to invite four friends to share in the fun!  Stay tuned to watch the thought process and fine-tuning that goes into planning friend birthday parties in Pookieville.






Search & Win

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

That is a HUGE size for a baby of that gestation! My 29 weekers were in the 2 lb. range.

I sorta miss they funny things the kids USED to say. Sigh.