Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Tiny Tip

In place of scissors in my sock beading kit, I use nail clippers.  They fit in the tiny spaces and they work for the job.  I originally placed them in there thinking I'd buy a pair of those foldable scissors that fold down compact.  But after a while I realized how very handy the nail clippers were.

I use them in a sewing kit when I have to sew a button on something.

I have a pair in my hat knitting bag.

I used to have a pair on my key chain.  I'm not sure what happened to it though.

Yesterday I used nail clippers to trim the embroidery floss after sewing eyes back on a couple bears on my tree skirt and trim the thread after patching a stuffed animal for Peach.  Then I folded them and put them in my pocket without worry of stabbing myself.

They're handy like that. 

What little tip do you have that's old news for you but new to me?

1 comment:

Large Family Small World said...

Great tip! I'll have to get some more nail clipper to keep in with my sewing/knitting supplies. I need more anyways, I think some big kids "borrowed" the several I did have....