Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Fried chicken in Pookieville

For dinner, the birthday girl requested chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, corn, the whole thing.  

I'm pretty sure she wanted a roast chicken, but I only had chicken pieces.  So I decided on fried chicken.

It was the first time I've deep-fried chicken without my momma.  And it was the first time I've deep-fried anything in over 15 years.

Here are some of the comments during dinner prep and dinner,

"I'll peel the potatoes!"

"I need a peeler too!"

"Too bad, there's only 3 peelers and we were here first."

"Then we can take turns peeling."

"Wow!  That's a lot of oil."

"It's kinda necessary to deep-fry chicken."

"What are you doing to the chicken in that bowl?"

"It's really tiring mashing potatoes."  

"I didn't know you could make chicken like KFC!"

"I love mashed potatoes and gravy.  You don't even really have to move your mouth to eat it."

"What's this white stuff?"  

"It's mashed potatoes."

"Oh, well it's good!"

"It's like a feast!"

"It looks just like real chicken."

"It IS real chicken."

"Now I see how they make it (chicken) look like that."

"I could get fat off of stuffing.  It's so good."

"I doubt you could get fat off of anything."

"Someone had to kill this chicken, you know."

"Yep, and a long time ago, they didn't do that for you.  You had to kill your own pet chicken if you wanted to eat."  

I had to refrain from laughing at many of the comments.  I love my crazy family.

No comments: