Followers

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A chore that's never been on my to-do list

My kitchen utensils/tools were fighting for space in the tool turnabout.  So I thought I'd take a look and see what we don't actually use and get rid of it.
And I discovered some nasty dusty crud at the bottom.
No nook or cranny was clean.
It looked sort of like the top of the refrigerator.
I figured out how to get it apart.  I HOPED I would remember how to put it back together.
When it was clean, I set it in the dishwasher to dry.  Why?  Because we treat our dishwasher like a giant dishrack because it's worthless to wash the dishes.  
Luckily I remembered how to put it back together.  I congratulated myself.  :D
And then I filled it with the kitchen tools we use-- which was actually all of them. 

Now when I walk past it, or take a tool from it, it makes me smile.

I wonder what other chore I've neglected for the last ten years?



1 comment:

Sara said...

I love it when I discover something like that, my most recent was boiling the grease out of the fan cover above the stove in baking soda water. It was gross.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...