Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What's better than a scooter and a Lego Star Wars hat?

The candy bar poster!

An easy birthday present for children from 5-95 is a candy bar poster.  For just a few dollars, a sharpie, and a hot glue gun you can create memories for your birthday boy that he'll never forget.  And who doesn't love candy?

Tomorrow is Bun's fifth birthday.  It was originally going to be a big friend birthday, but I kinda got pregnant and sidetracked.  And he doesn't remember, so shhh.  We're going bowling.  And yes, we don't normally have big friend birthdays at five.  We have them at 4, 8, 12, and 16.  But I was hospitalized with twins on his fourth birthday.  Poor kid.

In case this picture doesn't get bigger when you click on it, here's what the poster says:

Dear Bun,
Just be-TWIX you and me, I hope you have GOBS of fun on your birthday!  I just know you'll SKOR big with WATCHAMACALIT?  oh yeah, BOWLING!  The REISEN I wanted to tell you to ignore the NERDS, is because you are worth more than 100 GRAND!  Just some friendly advice from a couple of LIFESAVERS
Love Always,         
Mommy and Baby Ruth 

Cheap, easy, and memorable works for me!

7 comments:

Just SO said...

So dang cute!

So are you really naming her Ruth? If you are, I love it!

Kimberly @ Raising Olives said...

Very cute! Happy 5th birthday!

I so relate to plans being changed because of pregnancy, but after all a siblings a gift they'll enjoy forever.

Cheeseboy said...

I got one of these from one of my First GRaders last year and it was my favorite gift of the year!

JoMamma said...

Very cleaver. You did a great job. He will love it.

Momza said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!

Nikki said...

Just SO- Yes we are. :) But this will likely be the only reference to her name on the blog. I'll tell you the whole name when I come to town next week.

Johnlyn said...

This is the PERFECT gift for my sweet tooth girl and her birthday is in a few weeks.

Thanks for the tip!