Tuesday, September 04, 2007

WFMW- The Brand-Loyal Edition


The theme for this week's Works for Me Wednesday is the Brand-Loyal Edition. The first product that came to mind is this new Spray n' Wash with Resolve. It gets EVERYTHING out: raspberries, chocolate, grass stains, blood, spaghetti sauce, baby poop, vomit, etc. It is AWESOME! I love it. Our clothing could not survive without it.

The next item I think of is toilet paper. At our commissary Quilted Northern Bathroom Tissue is the cheapest next to the no-name scratchy gray one-ply t.p. And I actually prefer it. I tried ALL the other brands and found I had nit-picky complaints about each one. And my advice on toilet paper, stock up. It's not like you're not going to need it. If it's on sale or you have a coupon, buy as many as you can afford. I think it's bordering on crazy when someone buys a single 4-pack. Unless that 4-pack was on sale for 25 cents and was the last one on the shelf, I don't see why you can't buy a bigger package that would likely be cheaper per roll. Even bachelors need to wipe. And by the way, if you're going to invite me over to your humongous home for someone's baby shower, you could possibly afford a roll or two of t.p. for the guests for when they use your bathroom. I mean, really, four squares for 12 people is insufficient.

Bounty Paper Towels are my paper towels of choice. I like that they are thick and thirsty and don't feel too papery. I use them to make homemade baby wipes as well.

Most other items I'm negotiable on.

What are some of your household must-haves?

9 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

You are too funny! I'm picky about my toilet paper too but I prefer Charmin. And you're right, you can never have too much T.P. in your home.

I love Spray n' Wash too. We buy it in bulk at Costco!

Anonymous said...

Ha I agree..never have to much TP. I am one person in my own household and right now I have 49 rolls!

Anonymous said...

Love the comment about the t.p. I need to start buying in bulk like that. I never think about that until it's the last roll, and then it's almost too late. My favorite product I can't live without is Clorox wipes. I have several little boys going "stand-up" potty, so you can imagine what my toilet bowl looks like (and around it). So at the end of the day, swish, swish, swish and it's all clean for another day.

Reighnie said...

I use Spray and Wash but I didn't know there was one with Resolve in it. I'll have to look for that.

Thanks for sharing!

Marcia Francois said...

LOL - you make me laugh with the toilet paper!

I like having lots too but I am strict on keeping only what I can store - I hate things lying around like there is at the moment. I had to buy 2 X packs of 9 because they were on special and half the one pack is stuck in the bathroom corner. Ugh

Organising queen and
Marcia's take charge blog

Anonymous said...

LOL re the TP! And I'm with you on the Bounty!!

Unknown said...

We use Quilted Northern and Bounty here too!!

SAHMmy Says said...

I'm picky about tp too--we have to use Scott or our 30-year-old toilets rebel. Not even the Scott's Extra Soft, it has to be the hard stuff. Oh well, it's cheap, and I'll take scratchy tp over breaking out the plunger any day.

Tooz said...

We use Northern at our house--it's the only one that does NOT need the plunger to get it through the highly inadequate sewer lines in our subdivision. We also use the pick-a-size Bounty--can't beat those, in my book.