Thursday, November 19, 2015

This memory brought to you by the 3D book we found at the library today.

Did I ever tell you about the time my sister, Rachel, and I sold dozens of 3D illusion books at Costco?  It was about 20 years ago.  I was probably 17 or 18 and she was about 12 or 13.

We found these cool books while shopping with my parents and sat down to flip through them.

"Rach!  Hold it up to your face like this and you can see the images pop out!!"  I said.

"I know!  I can see a star reaching out to me!  This is SO COOL!!"

"Wow!  Mine is reversed on this one and the image goes in instead of pops out!"

And that's pretty much what we did for the hour or two my parents shopped in Costco (my dad likes to browse).

People stopped by, observed our behavior, and picked up one or two of the books and added them to their carts.  

We convinced our parents to buy them for us.  

When we checked out, the cashier said something like, "Wow!  These 3D books are flying off the shelves today."



Hammy today looking at a 3D illusion book from the library.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I love those books!!