Monday, March 16, 2015

"If you do, you will have to make one big pot of stew."

Biscuit stood by as I prepped veggies for pressure cooker chicken soup.  Every time a carrot rolled off the cutting board she took it and added to her collection.  She was disappointed to discover that none of them were cooked yet.  But if anything, Biscuit is tenacious.  She tried each one!  

My 22 quart pressure canner 

When I started dating at age 16, my Hawaiian-Chinese grandmother told me, "Never marry a Samoan.  If you do, you will have to make one big pot of stew.  They have BIG families."

Well, obviously Danny is like the total opposite of Samoan, but I still find myself making big pots of stew and soup.  ;)

I hear my grandma when I use my pressure canner as a pressure cooker for my family.


No comments: