Friday, April 04, 2014

Conference Bins April 2014

My kids love to play Conference Bingo while we listen to the sessions of conference.
This year I decided to also print these totally fun conference packets that I found on Sugardoodle.net.  Usually they have a sheet or two copied from the Friend magazine to color.

I put together a conference bin for each child with the packet, a new toothbrush, a box of candy (only 26 cents each!) and a pencil and eraser.  

(Biscuit doesn't get an eraser, of course, since she'd just pop it in her mouth.)

I also put two sheets of colored construction paper in each bin because the kids have been asking to weave paper ever since seeing one mysteriously show up in the Mitch the Fish preschool rhyme/color game.
It doesn't look like much, but I know they'll be thrilled when they wake up in the morning.  

In between sessions on Saturday we are planning family magic show inspired by the April Friend magazine.

3 comments:

Laurie HF said...

I'll be anxious to hear how it went.

JoMamma said...

I hope it went well. I find that I get frustrated that my kids get bored and then I don't feel the spirit. Maybe a packet would work.

Nikki said...

Laurie and JoAnn-

They worked quite well. I was able to listen to more talks during conference this time than I have for like the last decade.

I think next conference I'll update my 72-hour kits BEFORE conference instead of the usual during, and use the goodies that are about to expire in their conference kits.

Otherwise, I find my kids having too many treats over the course of a few days. ;)