Monday, November 05, 2012

Thankful for a lifetime of lessons and examples

I've been thinking about my mom a lot lately and how grateful I am for everything she taught me.  One of my earliest memories is of her telling someone, "I'm a bargain Betty."  I also have early memories of her sewing all our clothes, baking homemade bread, and making our dolls.

My mom is frugal, she loves a good bargain, and she can make ANYTHING.  She can cook, bake, sew, paint,  reupholster furniture, do stained glass, the list goes on!  What did I learn from this?

I learned that there wasn't anything I couldn't do if I decided to.  And I learned that she's my greatest resource. 

Thanks Mom!  You are my thankful post for the day.  :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

This makes me happy. :)

Anonymous said...

AW! Thank you Nikki!

Julie V. said...

your mom is an awesome lady! I love her too!