Thursday, November 01, 2012

Puke splattered to silver lining.

I'm jumping on the bandwagon of a meme of sorts I've seen floating around the bloggy-world.  I'm going to blog one thing in each day that I am grateful or thankful for throughout the month of November. 

Here is today's:

I taught my kids the lesson, "Every cloud has a silver lining."  We talked about finding the good in anything.  We talked about the movie Pollyanna and how she played the glad game (They've never seen it, but I told them about it).

I felt like this was a valuable lesson to learn while young-- be optimistic, be the glass is half-full kind of person.

So when Pookie puked all over the floor, my pants and my feet in the kitchen-- even though I was five feet away from him, and after I fully lectured him on the proper way to puke, we both calmed down and talked about silver linings again.

I am grateful I have a freshly mopped kitchen floor.