Sunday, July 15, 2012

You need to contact your husband now - Part IV

A couple of the brethren from my church came in to give me a priesthood blessing.  And I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that is the reason I did not have a 30 1/2 week baby or hemorrhage enough for a blood transfusion.

The bleeding slowed considerably after that.  I sent Sarah home around 4 a.m.

Around 8:30 a.m. I had an ultrasound.  The technician checked everything from the amniotic fluid levels to the clearness of it-- checking for blood in it (which there wasn't any).  He measured the baby and she was measuring about a week bigger.  He checked the placenta.  It was still way down low partially over the cervix.  But it appeared healthy and attached.  He looked at my ovaries per my request.  They were normal and walnut-sized.

From the time I arrived at the hospital until I was discharged about 12 hours later, they did a CBC (complete blood count) every two hours.  At first the levels dropped considerably.  But then they slowed.  And then they remained steady.

When the doctor came in again to discharge me he explained, "No cooking, no cleaning, no chores."

He continued, "No bending, no lifting..."

"What if I bend over just slightly and change a diaper after the toddler has climbed on the couch?" I asked.

"No bending!" he barked.  "And no diaper changing," he said as he noted it on the clipboard.

"So, am I on bedrest then?" I asked.

"No.  When you're on bedrest you have to lay down all the time," he stated.  "You can sit!" he said with a smirk.

"And," he added, "you may walk leisurely about your home.  But you need to get help.  No doing anything."

And so I did.  I called my sister to verify she would still be coming the end of July.  I called my mother-in-law to see if she could come take care of us until then.  I called my friend Jeannie and she did come and take care of us for about 2 weeks until my mother-in-law arrived.  My twins even started calling her, "Mom."

And here we are, a couple hospital visits for contractions, one for possible fluid leaking (don't worry I just peed myself) and one profuse bleeding (this morning as a matter of fact) later, still pregnant.  Today I'm 33 weeks.  I'm praying we make it to at least 35 weeks.  There's nothing sweeter than being able to take my baby home from the hospital with me.

The End.


Melessa said...

Thank goodness! I agree with you about the Priesthood blessing. And I will continue to sit on pins and needles with you. (I don't comment much, but I'm here.)

Laurie Fifield said...

I'm so glad to finally get the end of this story, and will certainly keep you in our prayers until the little one is safely at home with you.

JoMamma said...

I agree you have had me hanging on for so long. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep cooking that little one.

freckles and rouge. said...

I always feel so bad that you have these things going on and I wish I could help! You know you can call me, right? I promise, we can do more than just put out your garbage cans! :) Seriously. Call me.


Sara said...

Hoping and praying that all goes well! You're amazing. So glad there are wonderful people to help!

Laura said...

I'm so glad you are semi-okay, and the baby is still baking, and you have people there to help you. (((HUGS))) Praying for a full nine months of pregnancy, and a very uneventful end to it all. (Meaning, a healthy, happy, bouncing bundle of joy & a very relieved Mama & Daddy!)

Tubbs Family said...

I'm glad you're still pregnant and you have some great help there! We've been praying for you!! Lots of Love!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...