Danny's co-worker said that to him (Danny) before he left work.
You see, I had called his work, asked for Danny and they said, "Is this his wife?" Since the events spoken of in the last post and continuing multiple fainting spells daily, his office has been keenly aware of my calls and the possibility of him leaving at a moment's notice.
"Yes, this is his wife, but it's not MY emergency."
Hammy had somehow knocked the box of laundry detergent on the floor. And somehow in the process got it in his eyes and rubbed it in good. Then he proceeded to scream.
I called the clinic while I flushed Hammy's eyes with cool water. The warning on the side of the box of detergent said, "Flush with water and call your physician."
The nurse said, "Take him to the ER."
I said, "Uhh, really? I don't really want to go to the ER. I'm flushing his eyes with water."
I instructed Hammy to continue to flush his eyes after I had been doing it for him 4 or 5 minutes.
The nurse from the clinic replied,
"He might have a chemical burn. You should take him right away."
So Danny rushed home and took Hammy to the ER. By then we had flushed his eyes for at least 10 minutes.
The ER doc said we did good because there was no sign of harm or damage. *phew* Hammy confessed in the ER that he was scooping up the detergent in his hands to put back in box and decided to blow it in. That's when it got in his eyes.
That was the second ER visit in less than a week. But you know what "they" say? These things happen in threes.
to be continued...