- Ask a child to come sit with you so he doesn't get smacked in the head by a flying hymnbook.
- Offer to hold a twin.
- Entertain the twin or twins with whatever you have on hand-- be it post-it notes or just a big helping of patience.
- Offer to sit with a few of the calmer children while the father separates the two in a brawl.
- Offer up silent prayers on his behalf.
- Go get the mother so she knows what's going on.
- Ask the mother after church if she fed her children breakfast that morning or didn't get them to bed on time.