Yields 2 1/2 dozen (unless your Danny snitches cookie dough)
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
3 C. BREAD flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 C. sugar
1 1/4 C. brown sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 Tbsp. milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Cream melted butter and sugars in a large bowl or mixer.
- Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla and continue mixing.
- In a separate bowl, mix bread flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a small scoop form 6 cookies on the pan.
- Bake for about 14 minutes (check after the 10 minute point). The cookies should be pretty big.
They freeze well. You just can't let anyone know you froze them. Or they'll eat them frozen. I know these things. Trust me.
You can also freeze the dough before baking. A super-easy way to get uniform size cookies from frozen dough is to roll it up in wax paper and freeze. Then when it's baking time just slice them.
I like to use my Pampered Chef stainless steel scoops and flash freeze scoopfuls on the cookie sheet. When they're completely frozen, dump in a prelabeled freezer-safe bag.