Thursday, May 27, 2010

What happens in two weeks with no phone and no internet

We have been in our new home for two weeks.  At first it was very nice having no phone or internet.  I entertained illusions of prairie life thinking about Laura Ingalls and Ma and Pa and how they got along just fine without blogspot.
Since we last spoke:

I emptied boxes,

purged toys,

organized an AWESOME kid closet right off the laundry room,

the gremlin turned 3 years old,

the twins turned 9 months old,

the twins learned to pull up to stand,

and they learned how to get into e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.

Pookie found out he did NOT know how to get home from school to our new home.

The school office found out how I felt about them NOT passing on the message to my child to wait for their ride.

Bun learned to slide down the fireman pole at the playground.

Bun decided after watching the many MANY trucks driving up and down our street, that he definitely wants to be a builder when he grows up.

Gabbers tie-dyed her first shirt at Girl Scouts. 

My baby sister had her fifth child!

My wonderful friend Connie had another sweet baby girl on the very same day.

We have had dozens of swallows trying to build nests on our front and back porch.

We have a teeny-tiny backyard. 

We have a nice new playground very close to our home.  I can see it from my kitchen window.

I'm all done with morning sickness.  :)

I have 300 and something unread posts in my reader.  I have missed you all very much.

Now I better go because I think my gremlin might get us kicked out of the library.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow! You got so much done! Perhaps I should go without internet for a while. we already live in barren wilderness/prairie (kind of) so it wouldn't be so different from Laura Ingalls.

There's a ton on my list I SHOULD get done but it's just so hard to walk away from the computer.

Rach said...

Oh my!! Sounds like you have had some busy days. #1 please post picture of ORGANIZED Kids closet...I need one of those. #2 Where are pictures of these boys that are getting into everything, I'm sure they have grown so much since I last saw them. And #3 can't wait to see you this summer!!

Cheeseboy said...

I think Laura Ingles Wilder secretly had a cell phone in her dress pocket. Welcome back to the real world.

bebe said...

We went without phone and Internet once... I barely survived!

Lisa said...

I'm a mess if the internet goes out for even a day. I'm impressed by your strength under pressure! :) It's nice to have you back. ;)

JoMamma said...

I'm glad to see that you were MIA because of your lack of internet access. I had been wondering where you were. Welcome back.

Rovianne said...

I just wanted to say that I enjoy dropping in on your blog. You have my kind of humor. Best,
Rovianne

Just SO said...

Wow! Who knew you can actually get stuff done when you don't have a phone or internet!

Ms. Leigh said...

Hi Nikki! I hope the move went well. I tried to call a few times before we moved away, but I think it was during the 2 week period of no phones. Hope things are good with you! :-)

Jenny