Followers

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Sensible Presents

Yesterday I made these for the children for Christmas. On the list I typed, "Heavenly Father gave me eyes that see. I spy . . ." and then I had the list of items to find in two columns, and then underneath typed, "I am thankful for my eyes." For the fabric I didn't have any denim or corduroy so I used felt in their colors. Red for Pookie, Purple for G, Blue for Bun, Green for Ham. G used to be green but has moved on to the more feminine color of purple-- so Ham got assigned green since "Green eggs and Ham" is easy to remember. I was going to take a picture of the final product, but I can't find the camera. It used to reside next to the computer in a very handy (out-of-reach to little people) spot. But then the computer died and so did the organization of that desk. How did I get rambling again?

My point, this is a Christmas present that celebrates their gift of vision from Heavenly Father. Now I'm brainstorming other gifts related to smell, taste, touch, and hear. Any ideas?

6 comments:

SuperCoolMom said...

What a fun idea! I'd love to see the pics when you find the camera!

SuperCoolMom said...

How about a music box? I made a smell box for my special ed kids: using film containers I filled with cotton balls then added scents, perfume, spices, etc. I put them all in an old diaper wipe box - lots of fun to guess what the smells are.

Haddorkus said...

That sounds like fun, I bet the kids will like that. We had "colors" growing up. I was green. My kids have colors now, too. Now that they are getting older I don't have to use them so much. I used it when they were really little mainly to keep fighting at a minimum.

Leslie said...

I've had the supplies for those for probably 3 years now! Sigh. Will 2008 be the year I finally finish either purging or finishing all the half done projects I have? I sure hope so!

lizbit said...

I like the idea of a music box for 'hear' (mainly because I really love music boxes and tend to assume everyone else does, too). For smell you could get some scented lotion--you probably need a lot of lotion up in the frozen north.

jvjw said...

Amen to Liz's ideas, taste is easy...yummy Christmas cookies or other treats. For touch - I once made a quiet book with cute animals (teddy bear, cat, rabbit, etc.) The tummies were made of different textured fabrics and stuff like sand paper, rubber, fur etc.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...