Thursday, May 10, 2007

An update from my corner of the hospital.

Thank you to all for the emails, phone calls, bouquets of flowers, small children, and ice cream. And, *drumroll*, I now have internet access.

Baby #4 is still in utero. I'm currently residing in birthing room 6 at our local hospital trying not to have him. I'm drugged out of my mind on a less than pleasant drug called Magnesium that is slowing the contractions. It makes me feel very warm and kinda queasy and distorts my vision a bit.

The highlight of my day is a toss-up between my shower and ordering from the menu. Yes, luckily I do still have shower privileges. I also have bathroom privileges (which is very important).

I've figured out that you can order from the menu as many times a day as you want as long as it's between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. I have thoroughly enjoyed orange sherbet as many times as I like for the past five days.

When not showering or ordering from the menu, I watch a lot of television, play solitaire, count contractions, crochet a little on my leper bandages, talk on the phone or talk to the nurses. I've learned how to unplug the monitors on my own when I need to use the bathroom and hook myself back up.

Today when Danny brought Pookie, G, and Bun to visit, they were all very excited to show me what Grandma W. helped them make. So now I have lovely Mother's Day artwork taped to my wall opposite my hospital bed to gaze upon. So wonderful. :) And a big THANKS to Grandma W. for coming to our rescue as soon as she heard our plight. The kids are soaking up as much "grandma time" as possible.

So, how is life for you?

7 comments:

Rach said...

that is awesome that you have internet access, i was beginning to wonder when the new blog would appear. So can you watch dvd's? Maybe I can help out your entertainment situaation!!

Smockity Frocks said...

Nikkiiiiiiiii! I had no idea! You can make it. I know you can. I was in the hospital on magnesium for a month each during 2 of my pregnancies. I know it's no fun. Just keep thinking of that baby.

Hang in there!! I'll keep stalking, er, checking back.

All Andersens said...

Oh wow I hope everything is ok. Sending our prayers your way. Hugsssssssssssss

gurrbonzo said...

WHOA! this explains the long e-absence! We are rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness! Nikki! How long are they hoping to hold off? Is there a target date? I had to be in the hospital for a month with one of my pregnancies and I thought I was going to go through the roof! I'm praying that it's better for you! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you Nikki...isn't there anything else but orange sherbet?

Leslie said...

I sure hope that even though you're very drugged up right now that you are feeling kind of okay and bebe #4 is hanging in there. I need to get your hospital number again now that I'm back at home. Call me sometime when you are awake and have time today or tomorrow.