1. I believed that my parents had kids just so they wouldn’t have to do any work around the house.
2. I never knew there was any other way to prepare green beans but cold, straight out of the can.
3. I believed my first Christmas married would not be one of true Christmas love if we didn’t get a picture of us kneeling kissing in front of a great big Christmas tree. So, I was devastated our first Christmas when Danny told me we couldn’t afford a big tree and that the only tree we’d have is the 2-foot one Mom bought us from DI (already decorated). We did end up getting a big tree though thanks to Leslie’s shopping smarts.
4. I believed a 10 lb. bag of potatoes probably cost about $20.
5. If you whip cream backwards it will come undone.
6. You could live off of love & Spam.
7. As a small child, we used to practice baptizing each other in the bathtub.
8. When I was very, very young (like five or six) I used to think that the blessing of the sacrament bread is what turned it white from whole wheat.
9. If you pad your pants with pillows and extra underwear, it won’t matter that you didn’t spend the whole 15 minutes cleaning your room because the spanking won’t hurt.
10. When I grow up, I’m going to eat candy for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and stay up late every single night, and never do chores.
11. All moms have short hair.
12. I believed my mom’s new sewing machine would do EVERYTHING. I truly thought it could sew an entire dress by itself! You just give it the fabric.
13. My yellow blanket would live forever. (It has you know.)