Followers

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Works For Me Wednesday -- Homemade Dishwashing Detergent


This weekend I ran out of Cascade dishwashing detergent. I had a dishwasher full of dirty dishes and decided to look on the internet for detergent substitutes. One common one I found was to combine 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of Borax for a full dishwasher. Luckily we have both those items. So I put them in the dishwasher, ran the load of dishes, and ta-da! It worked! I sniffed every dish and inspected them thoroughly and was quite impressed. Yesterday I tried to go buy Cascade at the commissary (where we get groceries on base) and it was closed for Christmas. So, I used baking soda and Borax again and it worked again!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh. My. Heavens. Is there nothing you can't do? Make your own dishwashing detergent? That is just too amazing! I'm thoroughly impressed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...