Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Works For Me Wednesday -- Homemade Dishwashing Detergent


This weekend I ran out of Cascade dishwashing detergent. I had a dishwasher full of dirty dishes and decided to look on the internet for detergent substitutes. One common one I found was to combine 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of Borax for a full dishwasher. Luckily we have both those items. So I put them in the dishwasher, ran the load of dishes, and ta-da! It worked! I sniffed every dish and inspected them thoroughly and was quite impressed. Yesterday I tried to go buy Cascade at the commissary (where we get groceries on base) and it was closed for Christmas. So, I used baking soda and Borax again and it worked again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Heavens. Is there nothing you can't do? Make your own dishwashing detergent? That is just too amazing! I'm thoroughly impressed!