My Mom created this whole wheat bread recipe. I recommend using white wheat flour instead of red wheat flour-- not to be confused with white flour (which is refined).
1 1/3 C. very warm water
1-3 T. Canola oil
3 1/3 C. whole wheat flour or 2 1/3 C. whole wheat flour + 1 C. oat flour
1-4 T. non-fat dry milk (more = finer texture)
1/3 C. granulated sugar or ¼ C. honey
2 tsp. dough enhancer
3 T. gluten
1-1 ½ tsp. salt
1 T. yeast (if baking in oven) or 1 ½ - 2 tsp. yeast for baking in bread machine
Add all ingredients to bread machine in the order given.
Set on whole wheat bread and press start if baking in bread machine.
1. Add all ingredients to bread machine in the order given.
2. When baking in oven, set bread machine on dough only.
3. Spray or grease bread pan.
4. When bread machine is done, take dough out, punch down and form loaf in bread pan.
5. Cover and let rise in bread pan about 30 minutes.
6. Cook for about 30-35 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven.
To make bread kits, omit water and canola oil and put all dry ingredients in a quart jar or container or freezer zipper bag. Store in freezer.
Using a bread kit for baking:
Bring bread kit to room temperature. Place water and oil in bread machine and add the bread kit. Continue as above.