Wednesday, August 16, 2006

"And the house on the rock stood still."

I was in our basement talking on the phone to a nurse from the pediatric clinic while hearing in the background the changing pressure of water going through the pipes. Then (while still talking to the nurse) I start thinking, “hmm . . . I don’t think the washing machine causes the water pressure to change that often.” So as soon as I hung up, I snuck up the stairs only to find Pookie in the ducky bathroom with a purple bucket in the sink (that was blocking the drain) watching the water overflow. I said abruptly, “Aha!” and then turned off the water. Pookie startled and said, “Wait, it’s wet! Mommy, the rains came down and the floods came up!”

2 comments:

A. said...

Oh my! I'm curious as to what happened next. lol Besides all the mopping up. :)

Rach said...

I can't believe you just went Aha!! You are so patient, but I bet you can't help but laugh when he said the floods came up!! What a silly kid