Monday, March 02, 2015

Rachel's 3 ingredient PB cookies dairy-free and gluten-free


I got a new recipe from my baby sister, Rachel, today.  I know she found it on Pinterest, but my family is calling them:  

(See the little hand trying to get another?)

Rachel's 3 ingredient PB cookies 

1 egg
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar 

Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350°F.  

Notes:

They don't spread much, so you could put them closer than I did.  
This recipe makes about 18 cookies.  But I don't know anyone that bakes just 18 cookies.  
Double it or triple it.  
They'd probably freeze well too-- if you could stop your family from inhaling them.  
Without chocolate chips, they are 128 calories each.  

You can visit Rachel at http://rachandjaseohana.blogspot.com/ and thank her for surfing Pinterest and finding this gem and passing it on to me because I passed it on to you.  

My 4-year old convinced me to put chocolate chips in them.  In retrospect I think they were perfect without.  They'd probably be great with crunchy peanut butter.  

My 3 youngest, Squdge (5), Peach (4), and Biscuit (2) fought over space on the stepstool.
(not baked yet)

They watched silently as I pressed down the cookies with a fork, "Fork impressions are the universal sign of peanut butter cookies," I said.  

"Ohhh," they said in unison taking it all in.

You've gotta start young to train up the next generation of bakers.  ;)  

No comments: