Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Cheesecake lessons

I taught my 11-year old, Gabbers, how to make a cheesecake today.
I honestly debated with myself before doing it as I don't think I'm a very good teacher and didn't want to ruin the experience for her. Then the thought popped into my head (maybe inspired) to make a cheesecake with her by my side making her own.
She dropped the panful of graham cracker crumbs and without a sigh or disapproving look from me, she started to clean it up. Then I helped her finish cleaning.
She dropped a raw egg on the inside bottom of the fridge which bounced and landed on the floor. We cleaned it up with no upset and moved on.
 I am so pleased with her. She did everything except put the pan in the oven and take it out.

I have been thinking about my teaching ability this week and how I'm not a natural at it like my husband. But today I realized Heavenly Father wants me to teach them and he will "lead me" and "guide me" and "walk beside me" as I do the same for my children.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Lovely thought. And what a great idea to do your own thing while she does it next to you!