Saturday, November 02, 2013

Saturday is a special day...

When I was growing up, my mom would sing the primary song, "Saturday" as we would do our chores, gather our dirty laundry, and set out our Sunday clothes.  

Even though I've grown rather overwhelmed (and oftentimes lazy) over the years as a mother, I've never forgotten that Saturday is a special day-- it's the day we get ready for Sunday.  
This past week I've renewed my belief in Saturday being a "get the work done day."  I'm taking it back.  No more whining and laziness.  I'm setting the standard for my children as my mom did for us.

Gabbers, Bun, Tater, Squdge, and Peach are cheerfully gathering the last of the garden harvest and pulling weeds with Danny as we return the backyard to grass (in preparation for our moving inspection).  
They are so grateful to be working together alongside Danny and reaping the rewards of gardening and family togetherness.  

I'm grateful for family time.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

We've become a Saturday routine family too. I used to try and get it done Friday so I could get out to yard saling right away but over this last summer I've realized that I'm not a yard saler anymore (gasp! don't tell Mom or Erin). I've just realized for me that there is very little I need to hunt for or look for and that sometimes I'd rather spend more money but less time to get what I do need. If I stumble across a yard sale, I occasionally stop, especially if there looks like there are kids clothes. Anyway, my point of this already long comment is that we also now use Saturday to get the house deep cleaned (after gloriously sleeping in sometimes!), prep for Sunday, then have fun together, and I love it! I feel like I can now enjoy the Sabbath more, have productive work time (also teaching moments with the kids) and I don't bring home unneeded junk anymore, lol.