Friday, July 26, 2013

Dear Sarah, This recipe is for you and your mom. Love, Me

I got this recipe from my mom who got it from my sister Erin.  We LOVE it. 
 
Quinoa Salad

1 C. Quinoa cooked in 2 cups of water and then fluff with a fork
5 pieces artichoke hearts chopped up
2 big handfuls chopped spinach (like 42 grams)
1/2 can olives chopped
3 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
1/2 red bell pepper chopped & 1-2 cloves of garlic pressed sautéed in 1 t. olive oil

Mix it all up and salt and pepper to taste.

I like to add the bell pepper raw (not sautéed)and the 2 or more cloves of garlic pressed. I also like to add a little of the liquid (like up to 3 T.) from the jar of artichoke hearts to the whole salad. I usually forget the salt and pepper.

We eat it for lunch or dinner usually warm. But as leftovers, my family will eat it cold from the fridge just fine too. I like to add extra artichoke hearts to my serving.
 
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Going to have to try this soon. I bought some of those artichokes at Costco recently but haven't tried them yet.

Unknown said...

thank you!!! This is awesome and I need to add few items to my grocery list now. ;)

Chris said...

Thanks I just love quinoa, and this look like dinner to me. I just picked a ton of fresh tomatoes from our garden so this will be easy!
Chris

Unknown said...

We made this for dinner tonight, minus the tomatoes. It was sooo yummy. All the flavors blend together so well, and it was nice and filling. Randy even said he wouldn't mind eating it occasionally! My girl isn't too keen on leafy food still, but she devoured everything else. Thank you!!!