Friday, September 17, 2010

Because one day I'll look back and think, "What were my thoughts on September 17, 2010?"

 Today ends the third week of homeschooling the three oldest kids.  Eyeballs are left barely intact. 

Dishes are surprisingly caught up. 

I've eaten an elephant's share of snickerdoodles

Heartburn is back with a vengeance vying for the role of most annoying pregnancy symptom.  Congestion is a close second.  (I've been congested and sneezing regularly for like 8 weeks now.)

Most of the children have had regular baths.  Tater & Squdge have probably had more in the last three weeks than the rest of the family combined.

Tater has become quite the Momma's Boy.  And Squdge has become a Daddy's Boy. 

I've mopped the floor three times in the last three weeks.  Don't be shocked.  This is a GOOD ratio.

I'm debating on returning all the neat books and equipment and tools from this Virtual Academy we're schooling through and just creating my own curriculum.  I think Danny put it best,

"[This school] is great for the OCD mom of one who is bored to death." 

Trying to do the entire curriculum for three kids when you have 3+ that aren't in the program (but also at home), is nuts.

My cute friend Sarah brought me over a loaf of Italian French bread to have with my dinner.  All is well. :)

7 comments:

JoMamma said...

You made my sept 17 seem very boring.

Anonymous said...

you amaze me...always!

Haddorkus said...

I am proud of your floor ratio, it beats mine for the past three weeks, I haven't done it at all. Dan does it. Its just about the only housecleaning thing he does do.
Cookies sound really nice, can I have some?

Angela said...

Congratulations Nikki and Danny!! You guys are the New Blog of the Week Winner over on Blog Mommas. Miss K drew your name right out of the hat.

A. said...

I don't know how I feel about it yet, but we were given Hooked on Phonics this weekend and since Kami HATES the current curric we are using, I gave it a try this morning. She LOVES it. Anyhow, just thought I'd throw it out there since having some computer curric has saved me when needing to tend to the preschooler. :)

Mom2fur said...

I sure remember heartburn--it was the worst with my fourth. Can you sip a little baking soda mixed with water? I hope you feel better soon! (LOL, Italian grandmas would tell you all that heartburn means your daughter will be born with a lot of hair. Not true--#4 was nearly bald.)

The Schooley's said...

man I wish I could help you eat an elephants share of snickerdoodles!! Love you