Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ham's bug quilt

This is Ham's bug quilt that Grandma C. made for him when he was born. I realized having a picture in my sidebar prevented you from viewing it bigger to see all the wonderful detail. So, here you go. Have a look. My favorite bug is the caterpillar in the top left corner. I regret that I haven't taken more pictures of him on it as I had planned. But he's such a spit-uppy guy and I didn't want to have to wash it too much. And I know it's because of my chocolate addiction. But I just. can't. stop.

6 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

That is a darling quilt, Nikki! How did your trip go?

eleventh hour said...

Love the quilt, love the quotes! Cute kids! Makes me wish I had written all the precious things down. I will start now. :-)

Haddorkus said...

It is a really beautiful quilt. The changing of the names, is that a real security thing? That is not something I had thought of before. With posting our children's pictures and names on the web.

Nikki said...

Haddorkus-

Yep, it's to protect their privacy a little. I know some people don't put pictures. But grandparents need to see pictures and that's why I originally started the blog.

Those are their nicknames anyways--except G. She usually goes by Squishy. But that's probably too weird for most people to read. So, please use their nicknames when referring to them.

Lady Why said...

That is a beautiful quilt!!!! Did she make that up herself or did she have a pattern? I want to make one!

Nikki said...

lady why-

I think my mom purchased the designs for the bugs on ebay. There's a couple different varieties. And she chose the ones she liked best for the quilt. I'll have to post pictures of my other kids quilts that she made for them. She makes a quilt for each grandchild when they're born.